Studies: African Linguistics: Afro-Asiatic and Chadic Linguistics
PhD. 1987, Philipps-Universität, Marburg, Germany
Has lectured at the University of Maiduguri, Nigeria from 1981-1983 and from 1987-1991.
1991 – 1994, Secretary General of the Chad UNESCO National Commission in N'Djamena, Chad.
1996 – 1997, Deputy Vice-Chancelor of the University of N'Djamena, Chad.
1997 – 1999, Vice-Chancelor of the University of N'Djamena, Chad.
2004 - 2005, Fulbright Scholar as a visiting Professor at the University of Los Angeles (United States of America).
2006 – 2011, Head of the Department of Linguistics at the University of N'Djamena, Chad.
Presently Professor of Linguistics at the University of N'Djamena, Chad
Area: Central Africa and West Africa
Theme: The Mobile phone and the use of language by women and high schoolgirls in the town of Mongo (Guéra, Chad). This topic is part of the Mobile Africa project
- Research programme
- Research projects
- Collaborative groups
- Research staff
- Find expertise
- PhD research
- Visiting fellowship programme
- Services and products
- Practical information
- About the library
- Search tools
- ASCL series
- Browse the ASCL series titles
- African Dynamics
- Afrika-Studiecentrum Series
- Africa Yearbook
- African Studies Collection
- ASCL Working Papers
- African Studies Abstracts Online (ASA Online)
- ASCL Info sheets
- Langaa / ASCL series
- African Public Administration and Management series
- ASCL themakaarten - ASCL thematic maps
- West African Politics and Society (WAPOSO) series
- African Postal Heritage (APH) papers
- ASCL occasional publications
- How to order
- Open access
- New publications
- ASCL series
- ASCL Community
- About the ASCL