Heleen Smits's work as information specialist focuses on facilitating access to African Studies resources and meeting the information needs of ASC library users. She selects, catalogues, indexes and abstracts publications, including articles from periodicals, for the library's online catalogue and the abstracts journal, African Studies Abstracts Online. Her tasks also include the development and maintenance of the African Studies Thesaurus and overseeing the overall consistency of subject indexing.
The locative-applicative suffix in Lumun (2013)
The prefix /ɔ́/ in Lumun kinship terms and personal names (2012)
Lumun noun classes and number (2011)
'The locative-applicative suffix in Lumun'
In: T.C. Schadeberg; R.M. Blench: 'Nuba mountain language studies', Köln: Rüdiger Köppe Verlag, 2013.
'Lumun noun classes and number'
In: R. Kramer; H. Tröbs; R. Kastenholz: 'Afrikanische Sprachen im Fokus: linguistische Beiträge zum 19. Afrikanistentag, Mainz, 8. - 10. April 2010', Köln: Rüdiger Köppe Verlag, 2011.
- Research programme
- Research projects
- Collaborative groups
- Research staff
- Find expertise
- PhD research
- Visiting fellowship programme
- Services and products
- Practical information
- About the library
- Search tools
- ASCL series
- Browse the ASCL series titles
- African Dynamics
- Afrika-Studiecentrum Series
- Africa Yearbook
- African Studies Collection
- ASCL Working Papers
- African Studies Abstracts Online (ASA Online)
- ASCL Info sheets
- Langaa / ASCL series
- African Public Administration and Management series
- ASCL themakaarten - ASCL thematic maps
- West African Politics and Society (WAPOSO) series
- African Postal Heritage (APH) papers
- ASCL occasional publications
- How to order
- Open access
- New publications
- ASCL series
- ASCL Community
- About the ASCL