You are hereHome ›
Rules and regulations concerning the borrowing of films on video or DVD from the ASC library
Films may only be borrowed for educational and research purposes (lectures, showing to private groups). Unauthorized copying, reproduction or public screening is prohibited.
Films are only lent to borrowers registered with the ASC library.
Films must be collected in person from the ASC library. In exceptional circumstances a film may be mailed to an address in the Netherlands. All costs incurred in mailing a film will be charged to the borrower.
The normal loan period is three weeks. A reminder will be sent after three weeks if the film has not been returned. It is not possible to extend the loan period.
If a film is not returned on time or is damaged or lost, all costs involved in its replacement, including administrative charges of a minimum of € 15,- will be billed to the borrower.
In cases of dispute or matters not covered here, a final decision will be made by the head of department or his representative.
- Research programme
- Research projects
- Collaborative groups
- Research staff
- Find expertise
- PhD research
- Visiting fellowship programme
- Services and products
- Practical information
- About the library
- Search tools
- ASCL series
- Browse the ASCL series titles
- African Dynamics
- Afrika-Studiecentrum Series
- Africa Yearbook
- African Studies Collection
- ASCL Working Papers
- African Studies Abstracts Online (ASA Online)
- ASCL Info sheets
- Langaa / ASCL series
- African Public Administration and Management series
- ASCL themakaarten - ASCL thematic maps
- West African Politics and Society (WAPOSO) series
- African Postal Heritage papers
- ASCL occasional publications
- How to order
- Open access
- New publications
- ASCL series
- ASCL Community
- About the ASCL