Professor Emeritus in Social Anthropology, Department of Sociology, University of Zimbabwe (2003–)
Professor in Social Anthropology, Department of Sociology, University of Zimbabwe (1992–2003)
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader/Associate Professor in Social Anthropology, University of Zimbabwe (1972–75, 1980–91).
Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociology, University of Calabar, Nigeria (1977–80).
Visiting fellow, African Studies Centre, Leiden (April–July, 2005)
Distinguished visiting fellow, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague (Nov 2005–April 2006).
Visiting Fellow, Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies, Wassenaar, (Sept 2007 – Jun 2008)
Licentiate in Philosophy, Heythrop College, Oxfordshire, 1963–66.
Postgraduate Diploma in Social Anthropology, Oxford University, 1966–7.
M.Litt. in Social Anthropology, Oxford University, 1967–8.
D.Phil. in Social Anthropology, Oxford University, 1968–72.
Current interests lie in ethnography of childhood, with emphasis in poverty, work, and protection.
- Research programme
- Research projects
- Research staff
- PhD research
- Visiting fellowship programme
- Using the library
- News and alerts
- Find it
- African Studies resources
- Library tools
- About the library
- ASC series
- Browse the ASC series titles
- African Dynamics
- Afrika-Studiecentrum Series
- Africa Yearbook
- African Studies Collection
- ASC Working Papers
- African Studies Abstracts Online (ASA Online)
- ASC Info sheets
- Langaa / ASC series
- African Public Administration and Management series
- ASC themakaarten - ASC thematic maps
- West African Politics and Society (WAPOSO) series
- ASC occasional publications
- How to order
- Open access
- New publications
- Research publications
- Library publications
- ASC series
- About the ASC