Guides to internet resources
An A-Z of African Studies on the Internet, ‘A Directory of Africa & African Studies’ (Peter Limb and Ibra Sene, Michigan State University, USA). ‘This guide encompasses Internet sites, discussion lists and any other e-resources of relevance to Africa or African studies’.
Africa South of the Sahara, selected Internet resources (Prepared by Karen Fung for the Information and Communication Technology Group (ICTG), African Studies Association, USA). Selected Internet resources by country/region and topics. Offers, amongst others, links to a lot of primary sources (full text).
Africa Web Links: an Annotated Resource List (Ali B. Ali-Dinar, African Studies Center, University of Pennsylvania, USA). Lists web links by topic.
African Archaeology - The World Wide Web Library (Bernard-Olivier Clist). The African-Archaeology.Net website has developed from the Anthropological resources on the Internet (ARI) directory specializing in anthropology. Brings together news, databases, websites and pages on African archaeology, as well as directories of Africanist archaeologists, lists of institutions and universities, and other Internet resources.
African Studies Internet Resources (Dr. Joseph Caruso, Columbia University, USA). Sections: African Studies programmes, research centres, universities; Electronic journals and newspapers; International directory of African Studies scholars; Libraries, bibliographies, book dealers, publishers; African Studies resources by region and country; African Studies resources by organization; African Studies resources by topic; Other Africa-related resource collections (websites).
A Guide to Africa on the Internet: Selected Information Sources and Databases (compiled by Håkan Gidlöf. The Nordic Africa Institute, Uppsala, Sweden). Contents: Search Engines and Directories; Country-specific information sources; Subject-related information sources; Libraries and databases; Journals and magazines; News agencies and news services; Broadcasting; Research institutes and universities; Organizations; Internet connectivity in Africa; Other collections of information sources on Africa.
H-Africa Home Page (Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA). H-Africa is a scholarly discussion list. It ‘encourages discussion of Africa's history, culture, and African studies generally.’ The home page provides links to various resources: Journals and TOCs; Archival collections, digital collections, library collections; Web resources; Dissertations; Reviews; Obituaries.
Habari, le portail internet des études africaines(CEAN, Centre d’Étude d’Afrique Noire, Bordeaux, France). In French. Lists 2,359 links by topic.
The internet library Sub-Saharan Africa (ilissAfrica) is a portal that offers integrated access to relevant conventional and digital scientific information resources on Sub-Saharan Africa. Information on different private or institutional websites, databases or library catalogues is brought together to facilitate research. ilissAfrica allows simultaneous searches ("General search") of the following electronic resources:
- Library catalogue UB Frankfurt (mainly books)
- Africa Section of the World Affairs Online database, including the Africa library catalogue of GIGA Hamburg (books and journal articles) since 1985
- Library catalogue of the African Studies Centre, Leiden, the Netherlands (books and journal articles)
- Library Catalogue of the Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) in Uppsala/Sweden
- Library Catalogue of the Department of Anthropology and African Studies at Mainz University with Jahn Library and AMA
- SSG Section of the Swets database "Online Contents" (titles of journal articles)
- Database on internet resources with more than 4.600 websites on sub-Saharan Africa
- Africa section of Bielefeld Academic Search Engine, including AJOL, Gallica, Persee et al.
- Colonial Picture Archive with 50.000 digitized historical pictures.
- Research programme
- Research projects
- Research staff
- PhD research
- Visiting fellowship programme
- Using the library
- News and alerts
- Find it
- African Studies resources
- Library tools
- About the library
- ASC series
- Browse the ASC series titles
- African Dynamics
- Afrika-Studiecentrum Series
- Africa Yearbook
- African Studies Collection
- ASC Working Papers
- African Studies Abstracts Online (ASA Online)
- ASC Info sheets
- Langaa / ASC series
- African Public Administration and Management series
- ASC themakaarten - ASC thematic maps
- West African Politics and Society (WAPOSO) series
- ASC occasional publications
- How to order
- Open access
- New publications
- Research publications
- Library publications
- ASC series
- About the ASC